Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taking Care of our Animals and Camping

The other day my dad, brother, and I had to wash and clip our cows. It's so fun to clip my cows because you get to use huge cow trimmers but, it isn't as fun on a windy day because the cow hair is blowing all over.  

When we wash the cows we use soap and put it in their topline. We need to scrub soap all over their body. When we are going to a show we use soap and a different kind of soap called "Bright Lights" it is purple or blue it will make the cow look brighter.

We have to start leading the heifers this week so they are ready for the shows. It can be a lot of work but it is fun too.
 
Last weekend I went to  Mackinaw Island and it was Awesome! My mom and I went on a bike trip around the Island while my dad, brother, and sister stayed back on Main Street and shopped. My family and I were camping at Mackinaw City and around noon it was cool because we could see the bridge and the island! At night it was really cool because we got to see the bridge lit up. On Sat. we stayed at the city and went to the Mackinaw Crossings Mall.

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment